Called the road switcher everyone was looking for. The GP-9 at 1750 hp and GP-18 at 1800 hp, pulled every conceivable kind of train. Over 3900 built from 1954 to 1959 for virtually every railroad. Large numbers still in service today in yard and short line service. GP18 manufactured amount to 405.
GP-9/18 Locomotive features:
- Finely cut fans, louvers and other details.
- Heavy die-cast frame with headlight assembly.
- Steel wheels, operating coupler and a three position electronic reverse unit on all AC hi-rail versions.
- New windows and headlight lenses included.
- LED front headlights.
- All wheels powered. Dual units are both powered.
- Gription® traction wheels standard.
- A flywheel drive system with sprung bearings for better tracking on the rails.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Newly designed two and three unit box with polyfoams.
Our only model with the separate detail parts to accurately model Phase I, II or III of the GP-9. Also are included side louvers to model a GP-18 with or without the optional dynamic brake blisters. Drawings are included.
Standard Models are tested and shipped ready to run, however the modeler must choose the fan arrangement and install the fans, side louvers, horns and railings. We can install these items for an extra fee if desired.
Deluxe Models are tested and shipped ready to run, all railings, fans, louvers, windows and headlight lenses are installed.