<< skip straight to the pictures and prices >>
The American Locomotive Company's answer to EMD's F units. Alco's FA-2 was rated at 1600 hp and purchased by many railroads. Over 900 FAs were built, mainly for freight service, from 1946 to 1956. A favorite of several railroad photographers. Alco is noted for its flat nosed locomotives.
Alco's B units are often seen behind or between A-units. Rated at the same power as the A units, used as an extra locomotive when more hp was needed. Our models utilize the space in B units for our AC sound systems.
Note: "A" units are the front units with windshields and side cab windows. "B" units are the units behind with the side port hole windows only. "B" units are sold as powered or with sound units installed. Sound volume and sensitivity to the transformer used can be adjusted, instructions are included.
FA-2 locomotive features:
- One of the most accurate nose contours ever made in this model, extra pains were taken to ensure accuracy.
- Finely cut fans, louvers and other details.
- Heavy die-cast frame with headlight assembly.
- Steel wheels, operating coupler and a three position electronic reverse unit on all AC hi-rail versions.
- Most realistic sound system made (with two speakers AC only).
- Gription® traction wheels standard.
- New, closer mounted rear coupler for prototype appearance and tight radius track.
- A flywheel drive system with the highest efficiency rating ever tested by the National Model Railroad Association (NMRA Bulletin, December, 1983). This drive is incorporated into all of our locomotives.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Newly designed two and three unit box with polyfoams.
Our standard units and "DX" models are shipped tested and ready to run.
10087 Colonial Industrial Drive
South Lyon, Michigan 48178
Send us an email |
About Our Company | Copyright © 2015, All Rights Reserved